Monday 25 November 2013

Shift it to the Thrift Shop!

Hi Lovelys!

I have been doing some clearing out (lots more posts to come) and I've got some items that I'm dropping off at my local Vinnies today. All these items are new, and I guess I've been hanging onto them because "someday" I might need them or be able to give them away.


Apologies for the quality! I'm saving up to buy a camera to blog with (suggestions welcome!). I'm currently just using my iPhone!


The items are a mixture of things I have been given and bought. Obviously I don't like them that much, because I'm getting rid of them. They are all new or close to new and I'm really doing this blog to show you that its 'ok' to throw away donate new things that you don't use.


This chubby lipstick came in the November Bella Box ($15 a month for deluxe samples delivered to your door.) I used to really love my Bella Box, especially since it came in a gorgeous cardboard box that I could use for organising. The last two months it has been CRAP - so I've cancelled. I haven't unwrapped the lippy, I just know I won't use it, and I'm sure someone else would love it.



This bag was actually a birthday present. Now I'm sure there are lots of people out there who would LOVE a bag like this, but I'm not one of them. There isn't even a brand or tag inside. Its made of PVC and looks great from far away, but its really not my style.


You might not be able to see from this photo, but these three cans are actually sealed in a pack together. I bought them from Costco (can't remember the price), with the starter pack. I placed it outside on my back verandah with the hopes of keeping all those pesky summer flies at bay. The smell was so horrendous, that I threw the whole thing out, and now I'm left with the refill pack. Time to send these fellas packing too!


This bangle was with the bag, its not any kind of precious metal and makes my skin itch. Off with its head!


A brand new book that I bought at an airport book store for TOP dollar! I read the first few chapters on the plane, but it never really grabbed me. A total waste of $35!


I've tried two of these lens wipes, firstly they were cheap and I thought would be handy to keep near my iMac, however when I opened them up they are just too wet and leave water droplet marks on my screen. Crappola!


This little make up kit was too cute and too cheap not to pass up. I think it was one of the ones for sale at Coles this past Christmas. I bought it after it had been on sale and it was really cheap, like $2 cheap! I didn't find anyone to give it away to or find any use for it myself. Get outta here!



OK, so I've had a bit of fun doing this. Giving my items away and knowing they will be going to a new home where they would be appreciated, loved and cherished! But on a serious note, have a look through one wardrobe, cupboard or shelf, I JUST bet there are new items that you are hanging onto, even though you don't like, need or want them. SHIFT them to the THRIFT shop! Please don't take rubbish to charity shops or things they won't be able to sell, because then it just costs them money to get rid of it. All my items are new and I bet for the right price, some one would buy any or all of these items.

I'll be posting more 'Shift it to the Thrift Shop' posts soon! :)

Much love!
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment