Tuesday 10 December 2013

Organising your fur babies

I am always trying to be organised with my pet food. I feed my cats & dog fresh beef, chicken and mince. And because they don't all eat the same thing, I buy in bulk, portion and freeze their dinners.

I used to use Ziploc bags to do this, but I thought there had to be a cheaper way. It seemed such a waste to me to use a nice ziploc bag for something that is just going to be thrown away (I know, I know, isn't that the point you say?).

I stumbled upon the idea of using left over bread and those thin plastic bags you get from the supermarket to put your veggies in to freeze the pet food. After some trial and error I found that it worked best if double bagged the food, so that when it was defrosting, blood didn't get everywhere.

I ordered these cute labels from Vistaprint.com.au where I waited for a special offer where I ordered both sets of 140 labels for free, and just paid for the slowest shipping ($4.95). I always find if I choose the slowest shipping my items come quite quickly anyhow. I've probably had them for about a week, and I think when I ordered them the estimated arrival date was the 16th December.

Check them out and see what you think! I now just stick one of these labels on the pet food bagged up and I'm good to go! I also think they are really cute!!


One for Oscar and one for Ellie!


These were so easy to make and customise. I just love them and I'm so happy with the results!

What do you think? How do you organise you fur babies' food? Let me know below!

Love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment